Ceiling mounted, high bay presence detector, DALI / DSI dimming
The PPAD-C-HB-DALI-230V is a stand alone mains voltage powered, ceiling mounted PIR (passive infrared) presence/absence detector which provides automatic control of lighting loads with optional manual control. The PPAD-C-HB-DALI-230V is a high sensitivity PIR detector suitable for high bay applications, such as warehouses and factories, and where high detection sensitivity is needed.
Output Channel 1 comprises a mains voltage relay capable of simple on/off switching, while Output Channel 2 provides dimmable control of either DALI or DSI type ballasts.
This unit can operate both in presence and absence mode as well as in response to ambient daylight levels.
The flexibility of having two channels and two switch inputs allows the following example scenarios:
- Dim an outside row of luminaires whilst internal fittings are switched
- Provide absence detection for two separate channels
- Maintained illuminance system with manual up/down controls
Consult manual for further information.
All functionality is fully programmable using an IR handset (ordered separately).
- PIR Sensor: Detects movement within the unit’s detection range, allowing load control in response to changes in occupancy
- IR Receiver: Receives control and programming commands from an IR (infrared) handset
- Light Level Sensor: Measures the overall light level in the detection area
- Status LEDs
- Power Input & Switched Output Connector (Channel 1) Used to connect mains power to the unit and to connect a switched load
- Dimmable Control Output Connector (Channel 2) Used to connect DSI/DALI controllable ballasts and transformers for dimmable loads
- Switch Input Connector: Two input terminals can be used to manually override the dimming levels and override the lights on or off
- Adjustable mask (supplied) for limiting beam direction
- Improves BREEAM & LEED scoring for building sustainability
- Contributes to energy reduction targets under Climate Change Levy (CCL) and Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC)
- Qualifies for Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) applications
- Delivers lighting control requirements under UK Building Regs - L2a & L2b and BRE: 498