Weather Proof Microwave Presence Detector - wall mounted
MPD-W-EXT-230V is an IP66, wall mounted microwave presence detector and is designed to provide automatic control of lighting, heating or ventilation loads.
The MPD-W-EXT-230V detects movement using a highly sensitive microwave detector. This works by emitting low power microwave signals and measuring the reflections as the signals bounce off moving objects. The MPD-W-EXT-230V is optimised for wall mounting applications to give detection over long distances.
When movement is detected the load is turned on. When an area is no longer occupied the load will switch off after an adjustable time out period.
The internal light sensor provides additional energy saving in lighting applications. When an area is occupied lighting is only switched on when the level of natural light is below a preset level.
All functionality is fully programmable using an IR handset. (ordered separately).
- Microwave Sensor - Detects movement within the unit’s detection range, allowing load control in response to changes in occupancy
- IR Receiver - Receives control and programming commands from an IR (infrared) handset
- Light Level Sensor - An integral adjustable photocell allows the lights to be kept off if there is sufficient ambient light
- Presence detection - When movement is detected the load will automatically turn on. When the area is no longer occupied the load will automatically switch off after an adjustable time period
- Status LED
- Improves BREEAM & LEED scoring for building sustainability
- Contributes to energy reduction targets under Climate Change Levy (CCL) and Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC)
- Qualifies for Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) applications
- Delivers lighting control requirements under UK Building Regs - L2a & L2b and BRE: 498