Microwave Exterior Presence Detector - Ceiling Mounted
MPD-C-EXT-12-24V is an IP66 rated ceiling mounted low voltage powered microwave presence detector and is designed to provide automatic control of lighting, heating or ventilation loads when connected to the iCAN™ network*.
The MPD-C-EXT-12-24V detects movement using a highly sensitive microwave detector. This works by emitting low power microwave signals and measuring the reflections as the signals bounce off moving objects.
The MPD-C-EXT-12-24V is optimised for ceiling mounting applications to give detection over wide areas.
The internal light sensor provides additional energy saving in lighting applications. When an area is occupied lighting is only switched on when the level of natural light is below a preset level.
System time out periods are adjusted in iCANsoft.
The MPD-W-EXT-12-24V may be powered from the iCAN™ network supply.
*This sensor is intended for use with UIS, UIG-2, UIM and DALI-I-U devices on iCAN™ networks. Additional network commissioning will be required.
- For connection to iCAN™ networks via UIM, UIG-2, UIS or DALI-I-U devices
- Microwave Sensor - Detects movement within the unit’s detection range, allowing load control in response to changes in occupancy
- Light Level Sensor - An integral adjustable photocell allows the lights to be kept off if there is sufficient ambient light
- Presence detection - When movement is detected the load will automatically turn on. When the area is no longer occupied the load will automatically switch off after an adjustable time period (Set in iCANsoft)
- CE compliant to all relevant standards
- Designed and manufactured to ISO9001:2015 standards
- Improves BREEAM & LEED scoring for building sustainability
- Contributes to energy reduction targets under Climate Change Levy (CCL) and Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC)
- Qualifies for Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) applications
- Delivers lighting control requirements under UK Building Regs - L2a & L2b and BRE: 498