Ceiling mounted stand alone microwave presence/absence detector
The MPAD-C-A-230V is a stand alone, ceiling mounted microwave presence/absence detector which provides automatic control of mains voltage lighting loads with optional manual control.
The MPAD-C-A-230V detects movement using a highly sensitive microwave detector. This works by emitting low power microwave signals and measuring the reflections as the signals bounce off moving objects.
This unit can operate both in presence and absence mode as well as in response to ambient daylight levels.
The MPAD-C-A-230V has a unique adjustable sensor head that allows the area of detection to be optimised for the application.
All functionality is fully programmable using an IR handset (ordered separately).
- Microwave Sensor - Detects movement within the unit’s detection range, allowing load control in response to changes in occupancy
- IR Receiver - Receives control and programming commands from an IR (infrared) handset
- Light Level Sensor - Measures the overall light level in the detection area
- Switch input connector: Two input terminals can be used to manually override the lights on or off
- Status LEDs
- Improves BREEAM & LEED scoring for building sustainability
- Contributes to energy reduction targets under Climate Change Levy (CCL) and Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC)
- Qualifies for Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) applications
- Delivers lighting control requirements under UK Building Regs - L2a & L2b and BRE: 498